Thursday, 3 March 2011

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You (1st Book in Gallagher Girls Series) - Ally Carter.


UK COVER

First Published: 2006
My Copy - Published: May 6th 2010
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Orchard Books
Pages: 309
Buy this book: AmazonUK   AmazonUS

Amazon Synopsis:
Cammie Morgan, who attends the spy school The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, can speak fourteen different languages, hack CIA computer codes, and kill a man seven different ways, but she is ill-prepared when she falls in love with an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl.


The cover...
The cover is eye catching and somewhat girly.  It portrays exactly what you will find in the book regarding the average Gallagher Girl.  The girl is in what can be seen as an ordinary school uniform but she is hiding behind her back something which doesn't quite fit the appearance.

How did i find out about this book?
I found out about this book through watching 'book hauls' on Youtube.  Recently, I have been really into the CIA, and spy-like books, films and television series'.  So when I heard about this series of books, I jumped at the chance of buying them, or in other words, I wandered into WHSmith, not knowing that they had been released in the UK yet and was happy to find them in there.

What is the book about?
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, is the first in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter.  The main focus is on a girl named Cammie who attends The Gallagher Academy, which to the outside is an all girl school, for those girls who are snobby and come from a rich background.  However, behind closed doors, The Gallagher Academy is a spy school for girls, teaching them the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the spy world.

On most occasions, the girls do not mix with the locals, however, when Cammie meets a boy named Josh at a carnival whilst on a mission, she decides to create a secret mission with her two friends Bex and Liz to find out about Josh, boys and the dating world.

My opinion...
I find this story to be somewhat different from the average YA fiction book.  In these kind of books for girls, most of the time we have the girl meets boy, girl dates boy, happily ever after situation.  However, in this story, it is girl meets boy, girl uses spy techniques to date boy, I'll let you find out where it goes from there...  This is the main reason why I really enjoyed the concept of this book.

I'd suggest this to the readers who want something different.  It is essentially somewhat of a love story, but with a twist.  It's not your average love story as it is bringing in the aspects of the spy world.  However, there is no violence in the book, it is more along the lines of knowledge and fun.

If you like this book: what to read next...
Well, since this is a series, I am obviously going to advise you to read Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, the second in the Gallagher Girls series.  I have bought it and will hopefully be reading and reviewing it very soon.  It can be bought 'here'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...