Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentines Day [1].

Happy Valentines Day!  For my first choice of a romantic novel to talk about on Valentines Day I chose:

PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern.
First published: January 1st 2003.
Buy this book: Amazon UK

Synopsis [Goodreads]:
A novel about holding on, letting go, and learning to love again.
Holly couldn't live without her husband Gerry, until the day she had to. They were the kind of young couple who could finish each other's sentences. When Gerry succumbs to a terminal illness and dies, 30-year-old Holly is set adrift, unable to pick up the pieces. But with the help of a series of letters her husband left her before he died and a little nudging from an eccentric assortment of family and friends, she learns to laugh, overcome her fears, and discover a world she never knew existed.
The kind of enchanting novel with cross-generational appeal that comes along once in a great while, PS, I Love You is a captivating love letter to the world!


I absolutely adore this book.  This was one of those books, for me, that I read and then advised everyone around me to read it too! I first read it when it was first released and ever since I haven't found a book quite like it.  There is a movie version, which I don't know whether it's a good thing or not, but I have never seen it.  I just didn't want it to ruin the book for me.  I know a lot of people have seen the movie first and loved it and then read the book and have been disappointed.  I fear that I will be the other way around! 

Questions for you:
1. Have you read the book?  What did you think?
2. Have you seen the movie?  What did you think?
3. If you have both read the book and seen the movie: in which order? Were you disappointed with any of them?  If so, why?

I have decided to go out and buy the dvd and watch it this Valentines Day...so wish me luck!
I will post my review of the movie on my other blog: www.kismetspillsall-movies.blogspot.com!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the book but I've definately seen the movie and it definately had me in tears and plus Gerard Butler is easy on the eye, lol but I really loved it.
    New follower.

    www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...